Summer holidays in the Matter Valley
Randa has so much to offer during the summer months: reflective walks through the flourishing alpine meadows, eventful hikes through the earthy high forest, glacier treks and classic mountain range tours or tranquility, relaxation and variation for young and old.
Excursions & activities in Randa and the surrounding area
- Schalisee is located between the villages of Täsch and Randa. This is an idyllic place to spend some time, have a paddle and enjoy a picnic. It also makes a great excursion for the kids.
- Summer – the time for barbecues, sitting snugly round the fire and chatting… To the west of the village, in the ‘Eyen’, you will find our Swiss family campfire area.
- Our youngest guests can enjoy their own little paradise in the play area at the south end of the village, where they can have fun and let off steam.
- The Vita course promises to deliver customised exercise, nature, fitness, quality of life and health. Start at the north of the sports field.
- Birthday, family party, anniversary, club outing or something else to celebrate? We hire out our forest cabin and forest event site. Contact the Randa Information & Reservation Team.
- Walking fans are invited on a tour of discovery through the magnificent Valais mountain landscape with 400 km of marked footpaths in Randa, Täsch and Zermatt.
- Walk through the earthy larch forests and visit a mountain lodge with a breathtaking view of the surrounding four-thousanders. Both ambitious hikers and leisurely walkers alike will get their money’s worth in the hiking region around Randa. Suggested trails in Randa and the surrounding area.
Randa is a real insider’s tip and paradise for mountain climbers. The village is situated between two giants. The ‘Mischabel massif’ in the east with Dom and Täschhorn and the ‘Weisshorn massif’ in the west with Bishorn and Brunegghorn.
Dom 4545 MASL
Weisshorn 4506 MASL
As well as the Dom and Weisshorn, there are also many more three and four-thousander summits to climb, away from the hustle and bustle and in peaceful tranquility. The support of a mountain guide is recommended.
Zermatt summer experience
The resort of Zermatt Matterhorn, which holds the municipalities of Randa, Zermatt and Täsch, offers a wide range of activities for summer holidays in the Swiss mountains. Contact Zermatt Tourismus to find out more about summer activities such as walking, mountain biking, paragliding, summer skiing and lots more.
Early bird, night golf and ‘Bring a friend’ options: Matterhorn golf club has some great ideas for its guests. At the gates of Zermatt, between Täsch and Randa, you can enjoy a view of Breithorn and Klein Matterhorn whilst playing on a 9-hole ‘alpine parkland’ golf course. If that’s too flat for you, you can take part in the Matterhorn Eagle Cup in August and play by the old Scottish tradition in the Gornergrat region between 2500 and 2800 MASL. It also snows occasionally in the summer. Then head back to the green mountain freshness of Täsch and Randa. For more information, please visit www.golfclubmatterhorn.ch